What is Agathis Fund?
The Fund is an exempted company incorporated in the Cayman Islands on 4 April 2014. The Fund is structured as an open-ended investment company with limited liability.
The investment objective of the Fund is to achieve long-term capital appreciation.
Why Choose Agathis?
- Fund manager has 20 years experience in Asian cash equity capital markets, of which 16 years within Southeast Asia.
- Direct working experience in Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Hong Kong, with extensive contacts and relationships.
- Fund has a concentrated consumer bias benefiting from urbanization trends across Asean.
- The fund does not mimic an index. Rather, we focus on stocks where returns are attractive regardless of market cap and liquidity.
- Fund has a longer term focus rather than short term trading gains. We appeal to investors with a similar mindset.
- Fund manager co-invests alongside investors.
- The portfolio manager of the fund will maintain a significant share of their personal wealth in the fund.
- The fund is an investor not a trader. We buy stakes in companies not betting chips.
- The fund is long only, no leverage, no use of derivatives.
- The fund is concentrated, typically with less than 15 stocks. We prefer to hold fewer positions but with a much deeper understanding of the business.
Steve Knabl, Managing Partner & Chief Operating Officer of the Investment Manager, is a Swiss national with experience in financial services field at general management level since 1999.
Steve has an in-depth knowledge of brokerage and customer service operations as well as experience and proficiency in project coordination and operational implementation of complex business strategies.
Steve joined Swiss-Asia as Chief Operating Officer in February 2008 and his responsibilities encompass deal & project negotiation and structuring of funds and private wealth management deals in Asia, operations management, legal & compliance, technology and finance functions, human resources, due diligence processes and structural risk management for the firm as a whole.
Nicholas Cashmore is the Portfolio Manager of the Fund.
Nicholas Cashmore is a New Zealand citizen who has over 20 years working experience in Asia, of which more than 16 years were in financial services. Most recently he was executive director of Cashmore Capital Pte Ltd, a Singapore-based investment company.
Prior work experience involved 13 years with CLSA Asia Pacific as a senior executive based in Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand and the Philippines. Nick has spent 12 years as Research Head and 9 years as Country Head for various Asian markets. From 2000 to 2012, he was consistently ranked among the top research analysts in each market.
|Structure||Cayman Islands Exempted Company|
|Share Classes||Class A and Class B USD|
|Investment Manager||Swiss-Asia Financials Services Pte. Ltd.|
|Administrator||Portcullis Trust (Singapore) Ltd.|
|Auditor||Erns & Young Ltd.|
|Offshore Legal Advisor||Conyers Dill & Pearman Pte. Ltd.|
|Terms and Conditions|
|Minimum Initial Investment||USD 100,000|
|Subscription||Monthly, subscription day: 1st Business Day of every month|
|Redemption||Monthly, subscription day: 1st Business Day of every month|
|Redemption Notice||1 calendar month prior to the Redemption Day|
|Management Fee||2% pa for A shares; 1.0% pa for B shares|
|Performance Fee||None for A shares; 15% with HWM for B shares|
|Redemption Fee||1.5% for the first year|
|Lockup Period||None other than soft lockup above|
Tel: +65 9366 2125
A summary of the Agathis Fund is available in PDF format for your convenience. Click here to download the presentation. (PDF • 291KB)